Thursday, May 28, 2009

Season Ten: Rest of Second Half

Episode 10: Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
This is a good one. Whole Cartman being Dog the Bounty Hunter idea is good. The scene where he gets his authority as a hallway monitor is great "Authorita?". The other subplot isn't as funny, but it has nice running gag, I mean literally, "Nice". But that's what it is, hot teacher banging a boy. Nice. Who wouldn't want that? Nothing else particularly outstanding in this episode, it's just solid stuff. I'm gonna rate it 5/10.

Episode 11: Hell on Earth 2006
I've seen this episode couple of times. It's pretty good. Biggie Smalls thing is good. It springs some good humor. I don't really know this My Super Sweet 16 show so I can't really comment on that. The three murderes stuff were also good, in a silly way obviously. Wow. I just can't come up with anything reasonable to say about it, so let's just cut the bullshit and rate it.. 5/10.

Episode 12: Go God Go
Another twoparter in this season. An this one's pretty good too. It's hard to make atheism vs. faith conversation funny, so I don't focus much on that, but otherwise the subject of the episode was enthralling. What I mean is all that Wii coming out and Cartman's lack of patience gets him 500 years to the future. It's not that funny, but it lays foundation to the second one and it's pretty decent. I rate this 4/10.

Episode 13: Go God Go XII
Few episodes later, I take it? It's fine since it makes possible the reusage of the timetransition making it the theme at the same time for this twoparter. This second part is where it really kicks in. Great animation in South Park standards, good stuff amusementwise with Cartman calling himself in the past and Butters and Kyle etc. etc. It also makes couple of decent points, but that's really not the most important thing. The ending is also great. I rate this one 6/10.

Episode 14 : Stanley's Cup
I think that this episode, at least on the conseptual level, is rather good. What ruins it is that it is too dark. Kid dying in cancer, harsh realities of life and all that stuff makes it too hard to even try to laugh at any point. And what's up with that guy giving speeches all the time with background music? Sounds like those Rob Schneider -trailers from few seasons back, don't remember episode title though. Anyway, it could've been much more, but it failed. I rate it 2/10.

And that's it for season ten. I guess the quality of the episodes has gone up since I'm watching these at insane pace, even though I don't really have the time and I should be doing something useful with my time. Season Ten was a good season, with couple of high points, but couple of two's and few threes in ratings managed to drop it's average rating to a 4,71. So despite great start to the season (after four episodes its average was 7!) it only ranks as down as fourth in terms of which season were better. So while quick look made you think it was a great season, it flopped towards the end. I still enjoyed it very much.

Standings so far:
Season Six 5,29
Season Nine 4,93
Season Four 4,82
Season Ten 4,71
Season Five 4,43
Season Eight 4,43
Season Seven 4,27
Season Three 4,18
Season One 3,92
Season Two 3,39

Only one season so far managed "above average". But it seem like the real average is 4,5 or something. Anyway, good look towards the season eleven.. Well, there's the Imaginationland threeparter which will participate heavily towards the average and it's good stuff and some decent episodes, but few stale that I remember too. I'd predict it to go upper half of the seasons, but not really challenge sixth season's place at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment