Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Season Seven - Last Three (Episodes 13-15)

Episode 13: Butt Out
Oh my god. The Butt Out representation is so ankward that it really makes you feel like smoking. I can't blame the boys, it was hideous. It just goes on and on.. It's funny now that we're on seventh season and Kyle starts to anticipate what's going to happen. He guesses everything right obviously, but they won't listen to him. I kinda like the point this episode is making about smoking. I mean, I used to be one little Rob Reiner myself, telling my smoking friends that that's lame. But now, fuck it. Not too funny of an episode, but still decent. I'll rate it 4/10.

Episode 14: Raisins
This is a great episode. It introduces some new characters (Raisins girls, goth kids), includes a major long run plot deveploment (Wendy breaking up with Stan) and has very satisfying ending. Also it has cunt said in it. That's always a bonus. Raisins girls are disturbingly hot for a South Park characters (what's wrong with me?!). Goth kids are such a great characters, it's not wonder that we see them later more. Wendy breaking up with Stan was kind of disorienting, since they've been together for seven seasons. Well it has gotten a bit of background thing for few seasons, but still. But the ending is still satisfying as all hell, I mean that's how I felt for her after dumping Stan for Token. Alright, I'll rate it 8/10.

Episode 15: It's Christmas in Canada
Oh, not this. This is a bit frushtrating episode. Seen this couple times and it really doesn't take multiple views that well. What makes this worthwhile though is the Cartman crying in the end after Kyle hits him. Other than that, it's bit of a borefest. For me at least. I mean it's not that bad, not just for my taste. Too much singing and Canada frushtrates me. I'll rate it 3/10 anyway.

That's it with Season Seven. It averaged 4,27. It was bit worse than couple of previous seasons, but still decent. Though most of it's episodes were bit substandard, some highs saved it.

Official standings, corrected after mistakes in my spreadsheet:
Season Six 5,29
Season Four 4,82
Season Five 4,43
Season Seven 4,27
Season Three 4,18
Season One 3,92
Season Two 3,39

Well continue to eight season in next post. Looking at the episode name list, it doesn't seem particularly outstanding, but solid season with good episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment