Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still Season Two (Episodes 11-13)

Episode 11: Roger Ebert Should Lay Off The Fatty Foods
So, apparently this episode is filled with Star Trek -references. I don't know shit about Star Trek, so I probably miss some jokes, like some of you missed the Godzilla-jokes in the "Mecha-Streisand". This episode had it moments, best being the Cartman's singing and "not picking his nose". Not to mention that Officer Barbrady as Elvis is just hilarious. But overall, it falls pretty much to the same averageness than episodes prior to it. There was many little details that didn't make sense to me. I mean, for example the "Plane..arium".. Should that refer to something or be funny? I just don't get it. I'll give this episode 3/10.

Episode 12: Clubhouses
Now this episode is one of the highlights of the second season. It has several memorable moments, like Bebe's remarks of Kyle's ass. I mean putting it into the context of 8-year old simple cartoon characters, it's ludicrous, but it'd be funny enough as it is. Fat Abbot just rules. Then there's Roy, who's dick. The subplot between Randy and Sharon is absurd, but it works okay. Then there's the recurring theme of Cartman doing better (although most of the time he really doesn't do any better in anything) when they set to do something. I mean, he gets hes' clubhouse ready before Stan and gets the chicks too, but doesn't get them to play truth or dare anyway. Something like this happens in later episodes many times, but I'll get to that then. I rate this episode.. 7/10.

Episode 13: Cow Days
This was another one of those sub-standard episodes - especially after Clubhouses. It really highlights the fact that this wasn't that good of an episode. It was as lame as the rides in the carnival. The Full Metal Jacket references is the best bit of this episode and they're pretty far-fetched. It's 1/10, I'm sorry.

Revision: Well, I see from my spreadsheets that I have rerated this episode to 2/10. Can't really remember the reasons, but to bee honest, this is that bad, so 2/10 is in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment