Thursday, January 22, 2009

Season One Coming Closer to Closing (Episodes 7-9)

Season one goes on..

Episode 7: Pinkeye
First Halloween-episode. Start seems pretty random; Mir drops on Kenny and he dies. At the morque he gets filled with Worchestershire Sauce and turns into a zombie. Well, why not? So yeah, it's pretty random plot but it's South Park, what can I expect? There's much of the usual stuff, boys talking at the bus stop, Stan insulting the Mrs. Crabtree and then covering it with some other phrase. There's a costume competition in school and Stan gets fucked up and dressed like Raggety Andy, while almost everybody else is dressed like Chewbacca. Cartman is dressed up like Hitler and his costume is just awesome. He ends up dressing like Ku Klux Klan member after principal Victoria tries to make him a ghost costume. It all ends with boys slicing bunch of zombies to pieces with chainsaws. At the end there's classic scene where boys are at the Kenny's grave. Cartman's mourning in that scene always cracks me up. This is a fair start to the Halloween episodes and I rate it 4/10.

Episode 8: Damien
I thought this episode would come much later, but seems my memory fucked me up. It surely is memorable episode since, after all, it's the ultimate matchup between good and evil. But I don't think it's that funny of an episode. There's lots of decent jokes but nothing that memorable, but I'll give it 3/10 anyway.

Episode 9: Starvin' Marvin
Now were starting to move towards more premium episodes. First funny thing that really strikes is the fatness of Sally Struthers in the middle of the all starving ethiopians. It's a bit too underlined joke maybe, but still works. Then when Cartman is taken to Africa and Marvin taking his place and acting just like Cartman, that's another great moment in this episode. When Chef starts to speak to get everyone get a weapon, he all the sudden moves attention to Kevin, Dr. Mephisto's companion. That is also one part that stood out for me. I guess it's not that funny after all, but it's catched me off guard and you gotta admit that you'll be wondering too "what the fuck is that thing?" Then finally there's the Braveheart spoof at the end, and why not, Chef's of scottish descent after all. All in all, very memorable episode and I give it 6/10.

Revision: ...But I still overrated it, only a bit though. 5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment