Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Still Season Three (Episodes 10-14)

Episode 10: Chinpokomon
This is just a stroke of genious from the creators. I was again at the sixth grade during the time Pokemon was on it's peak and everybody back then had some Pokemon shit, like cards or stuff (I gotta say proudly that I had not any part of it, didn't even watch the tv show, but since my siblings watched it I knew what was going on). It was ridiculous really so it makes perfect sense that there's South Park episode making fun of it. Chinpokomon (Penis monsters or something) hits right on the spot, they're just like Pokemon. Then there's the "american penis so big" gag going on and it's funny too. They manage to squeeze some ridiculous commercials there also. Finally the Independence Day reference made me laugh. I also loved the Bill Clinton's speech. It's great episode filled with good jokes, I'll give it 8/10.

Episode 11: Starvin' Marvin in Space

So this episode isn't really a South Park, it's more of an Starvin' Marvin episode spoofing Star Trek and Star Wars movies. The boys are a bit of background characters, but it doesn't matter, because it's a decent episode. I really can't say if there's anything specially funny about this episode, maybe Sally Struthers, but other than that it just basic solid jokes and on whole it's a fine episode. I'll rate it 4/10.

Episode 12: Korn's Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery
Well you could say this isn't really a South Park too - at least it's something we're not used to from South Park. Most of the episode is Scooby-Doo spoof, there's the drawing style and music and even some of the jokes. All of this makes this very unique episode. Of course there's Nibblet.. I mean WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING? Then there's those two guys from the cemetery who seem to be very into necrofilia. And to top it off, it ends so absurdly that it's just great. I'll rate it 6/10.

Episode 13: Hooked on Monkey Phonics
I don't know if this episode is really that funny, but it certainly has affected me more than average episode of South Park. I mean that it has an important message, at least somewhat important. But certainly there's couple of good jokes in this episode too, like Cartman's "homeschooling" and the ridiculous song prior to that. I am talking of course about the "Who would have thought such a miracle could be.." etc. song. Nothing else really stood out for me on that account, but it's a good episode, I'll rate it 5/10.

Episode 14: Red Badge of Gayness
Another great episode. Somewhere it was said that the third season was the worst, but what I see is classic after another. Greatest thing in this episode is of course the Cartman and he's accent, it really gets overdone. His letters are great. It really relies on that only, but why not, it's just great stuff. And it's kind of recycling the old Cartman lines, but the context it's made makes you laugh at them again. 7/10, no question about it.

Three episodes left, we'll finish this off in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment