Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Season Three Continuation (Episodes 5-9)

Episode 5: Jackovasaurus
I've seen this episode rated as the worst episode ever. But I have to say it's not really that bad. It's not really good either but it has it moments - the whole Cartman singing at the start makes me laugh at least. I guess I'm easily amused. Besides, Cartman gets authoritah, though it's not used to it's full potential. Jakovasaurs are based on Jar-Jar Binks from the Star Wars. They are almost as annoing as he. That's why many people hate this episode, because it's mostly Jakovasaurs and they're loud and irritating. You don't want to see this episode again right after you've watched it. I'll rate it 2/10.

Episode 6: Sexual Harassment Panda
This is another episode that's seen by some people as the worst made. I have to say that although the whole idea is absurd (in a good way), I didn't laugh to it too much. Of course there's the repetitive scene about "we don't take kindly to your kind" and it worked when I first saw these episode and at this viewing the first time, but enough repetition is enough. I gotta give it 1/10.

Revision: C'mon, it's not that bad, there definitely is worse episodes. Up to 2/10.

Episode 7: Cat Orgy
This is the first episode of "The Meteor Shower Trilogy". Each one of these episode's focus on one of the boys (well, the last one, "Jewbilee", has both Kyle and Kenny). This episode focuses on Cartman. So Mrs. Cartman goes to the meteor shower party and Shelley comes to babysit Cartman, while Cartman's cat is in heat. I remember that my brother couldn't stop laughing to those cat parts, but I don't find them that funny. I think they're there just to fill the episode. But the idea of this kind of trilogy all happening in the same day is sweet and this episode has it's moments. Skyler's band is terrible, but maybe a little too terrible to be really funny. Wild Wild West satire is ok and it's overall quite a decent episode. I'll give it 4/10.

Episode 8: Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub
On to the second episode of the trilogy, this episode concentrates on Stan. His parents come to the party like everyone else, but unlike Cartman, he doesn't get babysitted, he must come with his parents to the party and he gets locked down in the basement with "Melvins", Pip, Butters and Dougie. Then there's the gay experiment of Gerald and Randy, meanwhile ATF has surrounded building thinking that there's some religious cult planning to commit mass suicide. So there's lots of things going on, especially if you think that the previous and the next episode's events are taking place at same time too. It manages not to get out of hand and deliver couple of good jokes in the way too. Nothing really standing out on terms of jokes, maybe it's worth mentioning though that the garbled version of Cher's Believe sounds even more ridiculous than the original. It's close, but this is bit better episode than the trilogy's first one. I'll rate it 5/10.

Episode 9: Jewbilee
Grand Final of the trilogy. Trey and Matt themselves listed this one of their favourite episode's though they claim that they "shitted this out of their ass". I gotta agree with the latter. There's pretty much random stuff going on and while previous episode didn't get out of hand.. Well, this one gets WAAAYY out of hand. But it doesn't matter, it still has plenty of good jokes, but as a whole it's just too irrational for my liking. I mean, I like it being absurd and stuff, but too much is just too much. So this is the part that Kyle and Kenny are starring. Very dull setting in some jew scouts, but like I said, it gets so out of hand that it gets interesting. Moses is ridiculous, but more ridiculous is the things that he says. Like "I desire...I desire.. Macaroni pictures" and "Let us put patterns of glue on the outside of those paper plates so we can then pour glitter on them so they can look nice and sparkly". It's close, but I'll drop it's rating to 3/10. Nice contrast to the creators' views, but I can understand why this is their favorite episode or one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment